Full-Time Faculty Positions in Electrical and Computer Engineering
National Chiao Tung University, Hsinchu, Taiwan
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the NCTU seeks candidates for full-time faculty positions starting in August 2019. Appointment will be at the assistant, associate or full professor level. Candidates in all areas related to electrical and computer engineering will be considered, including systems and control engineering, robotics, power electronics and systems, artificial intelligence, computer engineering, multimedia signal processing, wireless communications, RFIC, integrated circuit design, quantum communications and computations, biomedical engineering, and so on.
Particularly we would be interested in candidates with expertise in the following fields of electrical and computer engineering:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Control, Vehicle and Self-Driving Control, System and Control Engineering, Robotics, Power Electronics and Power Management, Renewable Energy and Intelligent Grid, Vision and Learning Control, Electrical Control.
- 5G/B5G Mobile Communications, Microwave and mm-Wave Integrated Circuit Design, Artificial Intelligence (AI) for Communication Systems and Networks, Multimedia Signal Processing, Quantum Computing and Communications, Network Science, Big Data Networking and Signal Processing, Communication Security.
- Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, IC Design, 3D Image/Video Processing, Virtual/Augmented/Mixed Reality Techniques
Exceptional candidates in other electrical and computer engineering areas will be considered as well.
Candidates must hold a PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering or a related field by the beginning of employment. Candidates should have strong commitment to excellent research and teaching, and demonstrate evidence of outstanding research accomplishment or potential.
The department offers BS/MS/PhD programs and provides an excellent research and teaching environment. The National Chiao Tung University is one of the top-ranking universities in Taiwan, located in Hsinchu City, about 70 kilometers south from Taipei, and next to the Hsinchu Science-Based Industrial Park which is renowned for its world-class ICT industry. There are substantial opportunities to collaborate with high-tech companies and obtain industrial-based projects.
Closing date of application: 30 April 2019. Applications will be evaluated as soon as they are received.
All applicants should send the following documents to the Chairman by post or via email:
- Curriculum vitae (including education, relevant experience, publications and at least three references)
- Photocopy of PhD diploma
- Undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- Reprints or copies of selected publications (including abstract of dissertation)
- Teaching statement (including at least one compulsory course of the BS program* and one English-taught course at the graduate level)
- Research statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- Any other supporting documents
*The compulsory courses of the BS program include Introduction to Computers and Programming, Logic Design and Lab, Principle of Microcomputer, Differential Equation, Linear Algebra, Signals and Systems, Electronics, Circuit Theory, and Electromagnetics.
Chairman Dr. Ke-Horng Chen (email@example.com)
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National Chiao Tung University
1001 University Road, Hsinchu, Taiwan 300, ROC
Phone: +886-3-5712121 ext. 54075
Secretary: Ms. Kang (firstname.lastname@example.org)